Last Updated on February 1, 2023
Making pizza doesn’t have to be a hassle – in fact, you can make delicious pizzas with just one simple tool: your frying pan. That’s right – making pizza in a frying pan is easy and tasty. With our helpful guide, we’ll show you how to prepare the perfect meal without having to wait for delivery or heat up an oven. From gathering the ingredients and tools needed to cook the pizza itself all the way through serving suggestions that will take your dinner from ordinary to extraordinary, this blog post has everything you need for creating mouthwatering homemade pizzas with ease. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started on learning how to make pizza in a frying pan.
Table of Contents:
Ingredients and Tools
1. Pizza dough – You can make your own or buy pre-made pizza dough from the store. If you’re making it yourself, mix together 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of sugar, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of active dry yeast in a bowl. Slowly add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and ⅓ cup of warm water until the mixture forms a ball. Knead for 5 minutes on a lightly floured surface, then let rise for 30 minutes before using it to make your pizza.
2. Tomato sauce – Use about ¾ cup tomato sauce per 12-inch pizza (more if you like). You can use store-bought or homemade sauce, depending on how much time you have available. For the homemade sauce, simmer together 1 can of diced tomatoes with garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and some salt and pepper to taste in a pot over medium heat for 15 minutes until thickened slightly.
3. Cheese – Use mozzarella cheese as the base layer but feel free to experiment with other types, such as cheddar or parmesan too. Grate about 2 cups worth for each 12-inch pizza so that there is enough coverage without being too heavy on the cheese flavour either way.
4. Toppings – This is where you get creative. Some popular toppings include pepperoni slices, olives, mushrooms and bell peppers, but really anything goes here, so go wild with whatever ingredients sound good to you. Just be sure not to overload the toppings; otherwise, they won’t cook properly in the pan later on down the line.
1. Frying Pan – A large non-stick frying pan works best here since it will allow your pizza crust to crisp up nicely while also giving plenty of room for all those delicious toppings we just listed above. Make sure that whichever one you choose has an oven-safe handle so that when it comes time to finish baking, everything is off in an oven later on down the line. You don’t burn yourself trying to move things around between cooking surfaces.
2. Spatula – The spatula will help keep everything contained within our frying pan while still allowing us access underneath our pizzas during their cooking process which is key if we want them cooked evenly throughout without burning any part more than another, so don’t forget this tool.
Gathering the right ingredients and tools is essential for making a delicious pizza in a frying pan. Now, let’s move on to the next step – cooking the pizza.
Cooking the Pizza
Cooking the perfect pizza in a frying pan is easy and can be done with minimal ingredients. All you need are some store-bought pizza dough, your favourite toppings, olive oil, and a non-stick skillet.
To start off, heat up the skillet on medium heat for about 5 minutes before adding any of the ingredients. Once it’s hot enough, pour in 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the centre of the pan and spread it around evenly using a spatula or spoon. Now place your pizza dough onto the skillet and press down lightly to flatten it out.
Next comes adding all your favourite toppings. Start by spreading tomato sauce over the top, followed by cheese and whatever other topping you like, such as pepperoni or mushrooms. Make sure to leave an inch from each side uncovered so that when you fold over one side of the crust to make a calzone-style pizza, there will still be room for everything inside.
Once all your toppings have been added, cover with a lid or foil (this helps cook faster) and let cook for about 10 minutes until golden brown on both sides. When finished cooking, remove from heat immediately to avoid burning any part of your delicious creation.
For best results, serve warm with extra cheese melted on top if desired. Enjoy.
Pizza is a classic dish that can be served in many different ways. Whether you’re hosting a party or just having dinner with family, there are plenty of options to make your pizza night extra special. Here are some creative serving suggestions for your homemade pizza:
Toppings – Get creative with the toppings. Try adding olives, peppers, mushrooms, artichokes and other vegetables to give your pizza an extra kick. For meat lovers, add bacon bits or diced ham. You can also top it off with fresh herbs like basil and oregano for added flavour.
Cheese – Use different types of cheese on your pizza for more variety in texture and taste. Mozzarella is always a favourite, but why not try feta cheese or blue cheese? These cheeses have strong flavours that will really bring out the best in your homemade creation.
Sauces – Don’t limit yourself to traditional tomato sauce; experiment with pesto sauces or even barbecue sauce as well. If you want something spicy, try using hot sauce instead of regular marinara sauce. This will give the pizza an interesting twist that everyone will love.
Crusts – Take advantage of pre-made crusts from the store if you don’t have time to make one from scratch at home. Or go all out by making thin-crust pizzas topped with garlic butter and Parmesan cheese for a delicious crunchy treat.
Finally, don’t forget about the presentation when serving up your masterpiece. Cut into slices before bringing it to the table so everyone can easily grab their own piece without making a mess on their plate. And don’t forget about garnishes like chopped parsley or freshly grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled over each slice right before serving; these small touches will take any ordinary pizza night up a notch.
Making pizza in a frying pan is an easy and delicious way to enjoy the classic Italian dish. With just a few simple ingredients, some basic kitchen tools, and a bit of patience, you can make your own delicious pizza right at home. So don’t be afraid to try it out – with practice, you’ll be able to make pizzas like a pro. And remember: if all else fails, you can always order takeout or delivery – but making pizza in a frying pan is definitely worth trying at least once.
Paul is the type of person who never met a problem he couldn’t fix. He can always be found tinkering with something in his house, even if it isn’t broken! His tips and tricks are often shared on our site. He’s the one you call when something breaks because he has been known to improvise fixes for everything from leaky faucets to malfunctioning dryers.